Saturday, May 10, 2008

The vampyre:- Part 4(7th July,2008)

The past two days have been quite tiresome.
I did not go to work.
The frozen food has dismantled my digestive system again...
Perhaps I am not cooking it well...
One should not eat raw...

I am thinking to quit the job...
I am not well...
I have called Maurice for help...
He is a doctor...
He is a friend...

Last night I saw a man...
He was standing below the ever flickering street light in front of my house...
Fully covered with rags...
May be he was in distress...

Just before midnight I heard a knock...
I was alarmed...
It was he.
The poor chap...
I can never forget the unshaved face...the grey hair...and those two gleamy eyes...
He looked starved...severely malnutritioned...
He certainly looked older than his age...

His first and final words seem to be etched in my mind.
"I have nothing...Hungry...Need food..."
His english was not that good, but it certainly made sense...
One should communicate.

He was a stranger...
I am an introvert...

I didnot try to start a conversation...I just looked at him while he sat with the bottle of water...
He was occasionally passing a few glances.
His lips parted many a times but he didnot utter a word...
It was a mute conversation.

I remember giving him room...the half cooked beef...some wine...and finally showed him the sofa to sleep...

But where is he??
I could not find him this morning...
It seems as if he vanished into thin air...
There is no sign of his presence...
The doors were locked, windows closed as I left them yesterday night, nothing has been stolen...
Was I dreaming??
It can't be...
I am sure he was with me...

There is no disease until it is diagnosed!
I will wait for Maurice...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really liked this part...

Graphite said...

great work again bro.
liked it .

ur way of expression is awsome.

waiting.........

vanya srivastava said...

really very nice, its amazing plus very intriguing.That undefinable mystery in the air is awesome.....looking forward to next part

Knight Of The Night said...

Its intriguing but not quite capitulating. But will always look forwardfor the next part. :)

-Param

Anonymous said...

stop writing. please

TO TOUCH THE HORIZON said...

too good..the last 3 parts were awesome.....something actually pins in my heart..waiting for more

Prasanjeet said...

awsome!!

i am speechless!

Unknown said...

gr8 work bt could have always described da ragged state f dat person in more detail