Monday, May 5, 2008

The vampyre:- Part-2(3rd July,2008)

I killed Leonard...my mountain terrier.

I feel gloomy...depressed.
There is pain in my temples...it seems to be eternal.

Leonard had been with me for the last 4 years...
After Emily I had shared all my secrets with him. We had a relation of mutual trust.

In his entire life with me, he had never behaved in such a way.
His behaviour was erratic...weird...
He didn't seem to recognize me...

But how...I was everything for him...as he was for me...

I had been to that wretched place today too...the so called "Ruins of the Castle"...there was nothing different...
But what instigated Leonard?
He was not ill...

He just went berserk at my sight.
I had never tied him, but today I did so to avoid him...
But he was vicious...strong...he broke the chain.
He had a bite of my left leg.
I had no other choice...I took out my service revolver and one shot on the forehead did the task.

I am sad...

I gave him a decent...rather modest funeral in the backyard.
May his soul rest in peace.
I will pray for him.
I will miss him.

After so many years...I am again rendered solitary by this cruel world.
God certainly hates me!

4 comments:

Graphite said...

great going...... seem to have nice command over language and fluency, the flow was mindblowing....

great work
krrp it up..

pranab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pranab said...

hmmm....the idea seems to be somewhat similiar to the experience of will smith in "i am legend" where he kills his dog sam....

Unknown said...

suspense should have been created
u let dat loose by revealin da end frm da very beginin..
neways bt it does hold its reader to da last in quest f knowin da reasons - dats welldone